isure’s complete guide to auto insurance
The moment is finally here. After practicing for months, you’ve finally gotten your driver’s licence. Or you’ve just bought your first car and can’t wait to take it out for a ride. But before you hit the road, hit the brakes and ask yourself: “Do I have auto insurance?”
What “auto insurance” means :
First, we’ll tell you what we mean when we talk about auto insurance. While auto insurance certainly means insurance that covers your car, it is also about drivers. Basically, auto insurance protects you and your vehicle against risk by covering unforeseen damages. And just like seatbelts, insurance is mandatory by law. If you own or drive a car, you must have insurance from a private insurer.
Standard auto insurance policies in Canada typically include:
- Third-Party Liability: This protects you in the event of an accident where you are at fault and cause loss or damage to another person.
- Accident Benefits: This coverage offers benefits to protect you if you are injured in an accident, regardless of who caused the accident.
- Uninsured Automobile Coverage: This protects you in the event of death or injury caused by an uninsured motorist or by a hit-and-run.
The first step to get auto insurance is to get an online quote from isure .
In just a few simple steps and in less than 3 minutes , isure can give you an auto insurance quote based on some variables:
- The vehicle’s make, model, and production year
- The drivers and driving record of the individuals who may drive the vehicle, including age, gender, and level of driver’s licence
- Where you live
- How often you drive and how you use your car
Why is this information important?
There are many factors that calculate insurance premiums. For example, you may wonder why your location determines how much auto insurance you pay? Some areas that are more densely populated have a higher risk of theft, accidents, and damages. This increases the number of overall claims, therefore increasing premiums.
The make and model of your vehicle is also important. Older vehicles are more likely to break down, while newer models may have advanced safety features, all of which affects the premium you pay.
Once you’ve gotten your basic quote, there are additional coverage options you may want to consider . Collision coverage protects your car from the dangers of the road such as collisions, theft, fire, and falling objects. You’ll need this coverage if you lease or finance your vehicle.
The next step is to speak with professional insurance brokers at isure directly to set up your policy. They have many discounts available that may apply to you .
At isure, we’ve made it easy for you to contact us directly by phone, email, and through isure’s Facebook page and isure’s twitter page ! Feel free to ask our brokers about what’s the best fit for you. We’ll give you objective advice on how much coverage to realistically carry and what your insurance really covers.